Monday, May 4, 2009

Negative Energy


What is negative energy? Can you feel it? What does it do to you? I have definitely been around some in my time. I sit in the midst of it for about six hours every week day. Miserable people who don't have lives outside of work bring all of their negativity to the job with them and it steams itself off of their souls and into the atmosphere. It brings down the spirit of those around.

One thing i've been working really hard on is keeping a positive frame of mind and not letting what I may be going through affect others. I wear my heart on my sleeve so it's not hard to tell when i'm not in a good mood. It shows and I can't control it. I know someone who is a professional at smiling when she's crying inside. She doesn't want to bring others down, so she keeps her energy up and remains the life of the party. Basically, she cries those tears of a clown. I'm not sure how healthy that is, but it seems to work for her.

Usually when i'm going through something I try not to be around too many people until I figure out how to come up out of my funk. That's not always an easy thing to do because life goes on no matter what. Work still has to be done, bills still have to be paid, and so on. I guess that's a good thing. If all I had to do was sit around and think i'd be a mess.

I'm doing much better. A recent situation that would have put me in a funk rolled off of my emotions and I held my head. I kept a positive outlook and it didn't affect me. Yes, I thought about it but I didn't think it into the ground like I have in the past. I'm proud of myself. It shows me that i'm growing. The changes i've been trying to make are actually manifesting.

Negativity is a powerful thing. I'm not as stressed out as I was once because i'm actually learning how to see the glass as half full. It's not always empty like I once thought. This is one time when the grass actually is greener on the other side. Changing your thought process does a lot for your quality of life.


Whenever something would happen that upset me and I talked to my husband about it he would tell me to think positive and it would piss me off. It wasn't what I wanted to hear. I always made sure I was prepared for the worst because that way I wouldn't be disappointed. I thought that was the practical way of thinking. I'm learning that was not true at all. It actually feels good to have faith that i'll have a positive outcome. The universe gives what it gets.

This is so new to me. Who knew? Life is much better when you actually give it a chance to be. It's not necessary to be cautious all the time. Sometimes you have to let go and give positive energy to the world and to yourself. Like the saying goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

4 comments:

Standing Able said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Standing Able said...

Welcome to the other side my sister...the lemonade is much sweeter over here! :)

Love Ya,
Stacye

BTW...send me an email with your address or P.O.Box and I will send you one of my homemade Zen candles and you can create your own space at work.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

The first paragarph is so me! That is my work place, but like you I convince myself daily that "these" people are not going to ruin my day! I smile a lot and people are drawn to that. My energy is so high that I had to move the conference seat next to my desk because people just wouldn't leave my positive corner. I have convinced myself that I have to bring it with me because they sure didn't pass it out when they gave me the badge and gun (smile)

Love the photograph!

If it weren't for my mini sanctuary at work, I don't know what I would do. I have my bible, my candle, my IPOD, my photos and positive words from things I have written and various blog buddies; including your poem from National Poetry month.

Love, peace and continued blessings!
Free spirit.

Strongblkwmn said...

Stacye - I'm excited!

Butterfly - I have to learn to be more upbeat. I'm disappointed in myself for letting other folks negativity bring me down. I'm working on it.