Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lessons



When you're in a stressful situation it's hard to see things clearly, even when you think you are. You feel like you're looking at things from all angles. It's not until after all is said and done that you realize your vision may have been cloudy. Worry has a way of making things a little murky.

There is never a time in life when you stop learning. I prayed for a lesson to be learned by someone else and realized that I was the one I should have been praying for. I was the one who received the lesson. There are things that I needed to hear and see for myself so that I could come to the realization that it was time to let go.

There are times when you see a train of disaster coming down the tunnel. You try to prevent someone you love from getting hit but they just won't get out of the way. You pull, and pull, and pull, and worry to no avail. The train enters the station and BOOM! You're left wondering what else you could have done to change the circumstances. Damn...

Disaster happened.......Stress level at an all time high.......Guilt........Fear.....Questions.....What if.....Why...Dust settled......Ponder......Think.......Retrospect......Eyes open......Lesson learned...

The Lord really does work in mysterious ways. I learned a lesson I didn't even realized I needed. I have a habit of reacting too fast at times. I'm working on it but it's not an easy habit to break, especially when it comes to the people I love. I want the best for them. I just have to realize that some battles just aren't mine to fight.

From now on I plan to try harder to slow it all down. Sometimes my passion is mistaken for anger. I just don't like to see people I love being hurt or taken advantage of. I have to realize that it's not always necessary to voice your opinion. It's not always wanted. Sometimes you have to just let go and let God.
I'm thankful for the lesson i've learned.

No testimony without test...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while reading another....

Felt like I was reading about myself. I learned in school that once you reach a certain stress level all rational thinking ceases. So now I try to breathe deeply and react less in order to see what is right in front of me: God's will, whatever that may be.

Bree