Monday, July 14, 2008

The art of selflessness

I just got an email from someone who is very important to me who did something very selfless. I won't go into detail about what was, but it's something that I don't think I could ever do. It's not easy to put others before yourself in certain situations. Something happened to this person that could have destroyed not only her, but her child. She sucked it up and did what may not have been right for her, but may have been right for the situation.

I've made sacrifices in my life and I regret none of them. They weren't always appreciated, but when things come from your heart you don't look for praise, or even appreciation. Most of my sacrifices have netted wonderful results.

This will not be a long post, but I hope that the person I spoke of reads it. I want her to know that I admire and respect her for the decision she made. It's been a long time since i've known anyone who put their needs aside and did something they probably didn't want to do, but knew was necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People put someone else befoe themselves either because they think its right, really want to do it, or they love that person very much and would do anything for them! Making sacrifices is just part of life! You aren't you if you don't make sacrifices...