Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Word of the day



The word of the day for me is perseverance.


Perseverance - –noun 1. steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
2. Theology. continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.

I woke up this morning with a different energy. Yesterday was not a good day. I actually asked for forgiveness because I felt a little selfish. People are being laid off left and right and some have been looking for jobs for years. They would love to be in my shoes. No, working in a medical library is not what I want to do right now, but i'm blessed to be working at all. I have excellent benefits and a good retirement plan. I will try very hard not to complain again.

My book is done and I am on a mission to get it published and share my gift with the world. I've never had my eye on the prize like this before and it feels good. No matter what is thrown my way i'm determined to make it through to the end. I have absolutely no choice in the matter. Nothing will stop me. No matter how many mountains I have to climb, I will make it to the top.

I fell to my knees and gave thanks after writing the last word and I will continue to do so. I thank God for giving me this talent and the strength to finally let go and want people to read hear my voice. It's not easy to do that, at least it wasn't. Things are different now. I got a new lease on my writing life. I feel free.

Blogging has really helped me a lot. It has been wonderful to share opinions and meet others who love to write as much as I do. It's a wonderful thing. I thank everyone who has ever stopped by my blog or left a comment.

It's my time. I'm ready to make this happen. I can't wait for the day when I post the picture of my book cover on my blog.

1 comment:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Many blessings to you and your book. GOD will fulfill that dream for you when the timing is right.

I'm like you. I haven't been feeling this job lately and I had to ask GOD for forgiveness in the midst of all the pink slips that have been handed out.

This too, shall pass!

Have a great day!
Love, peace & blessings!